Kitestring is seeking candidates for the position of:
Part-Time Software/App Helpdesk Support Leader
We are looking for a passionate, motivated individual to join our digital support team.
By taking incoming support and technical issues via email, phone, and our ticketing system, you will be a vital part of our digital/software team. You will advance your knowledge while providing support, assistance, and some training to customers and users. Your day-to-day would require you to provide technical support to our customers for various systems where you will troubleshoot and resolve customer issues while tracking each request and resolution.
In this role, you will provide support and maintenance to the end-user environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, and supporting the rest of the Kitestring team. You will also take ownership of the documentation and user training by recording issues and solutions, and provide in-person training/webinars.
Location: Kitestring – 126 Catharine Street North, First Floor, Hamilton, ON
Job type: Part Time, Contract
Compensation: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
If You have:
- High energy, friendly, organized, hardworking and articulate person who likes to solve problems
- Thrive in a customer-service role. Enjoy interacting with people and enhancing their overall experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Legally live and work in Canada (without a work permit support or sponsorship)
- Comfortable providing user support based on different devices (laptop, iPad, Smartphone)
With an Aptitude to:
- Resolve end-user IT issues, software questions, browser issues, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and live chat.
- Prioritize work orders/help desk tickets according to severity.
- Determines the most effective manner to resolve customer’s technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues.
- Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolved the users’ problems through end user email follow up
- Escalate the issues to Tier II when not being able to come to a resolution after troubleshooting and researching
- Attend and/or conduct training sessions for end users; create training materials for end users/customers (e.g. FAQ sheets) and assist in onboarding of new users
- Use helpdesk log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs and development of documentation to address these reported problems/issues with a supervisor.
- Accurately log work orders/help desk tickets and resolutions into the help desk ticket management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Strong customer service mindset; Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that allow one to work effectively with diverse clients and work groups; able to communicate in user-friendly language
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Exceptional multitasking abilities and prioritization skills.
- Team player, able to work under pressure.
Then…You are someone we want to meet!!
- All training will be provided by Kitestring for this position, but an aptitude for technology and troubleshooting will be necessary
- This position will require you to be working from 12pm to 4pm Monday to Friday. Depending on client support requirements, there may be a need to shift this time window to better support the users. There will be no evening or weekends required for this position, however, it will hopefully expand to a full-time position in time.
- After initial training and probation period, there will be an option to work remotely/from home
- Attend presentations and/or conduct, workshops, training and webinars
*UPDATE* – We thank all those who have expressed interest in working with Kitestring, and will be contacting people over the next week for interviews.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your Skills and Characteristics
Think. You consider impacts and outcomes for all parties and use sound, professional judgment when acting on behalf of the agency. You keep the big picture goals in mind as you plan your daily actions. You have thoughtful responses to any and all questions and formulate thoughtful cohesive opinions to support your point of view. You anticipate issues and proactively solve them.
Organize. You are extremely organized and detail oriented. You follow through on every detail with excellence, with each and every constituent.
Contribute. You’re a team player who seeks to contribute in any way possible. You roll up your sleeves. You contribute smart, relevant content. You understand that agency work is a team sport, and you keep your constituents informed and aware. You demonstrate leadership and are deliberate in your requests and expectations from the team.
Communicate. You’re genuine, articulate and able to tailor your communications to efficiently and effectively communicate with various stakeholders and team members. You are diplomatic yet results-oriented in every situation.
Improve. You are ambitious for yourself, the team and the client. You seek to continuously improve the work and the environment it is created within. You speak up so that your insightful observations result in improved processes.
Latest posts by Brandon (see all)
- Join Our Team: Creative Strategist/Graphic Designer - December 4, 2018
- 5 Questions Every Podcast Newbie Should Answer - January 30, 2018
- Wanted: Software/App Help Desk Support Leader - August 31, 2017